Heavy-duty clutches and brakes, and caliper brakes are utilized on all types of excavating equipment including large bucket shovels and draglines. Large Helical Gearing systems are used on winch and hoist drives for this equipment.
LKB Series Brakes
Spring-Set Motor Brakes ideal for fail-safe protection on draglines, shovels, and blast hole drills.
- High energy lining provides long life
- High torque, low inertia design
- Quick, simple installation
- Low stress spined hub
- Available with taper bore
- Multiport air inlets available
Fully-crowned gear teeth provide operational benefits including maximum
load-carrying capacity with minimum size, maximum reliability and long life.
- Both “O” ring and metal seal models are available
- Strong, rigid floating sleeve
- Precision-machined identical hubs
- Positive dust-tight seals
Spring applied, air released caliper disk brakes
- 36 kN Braking Force
- Significantly less downtime for repairs and maintenance
- Lightweight and modular design (single caliper only weighs 32kg)
- Reduced risk of overheating
- Spring-Applied – low pressure air release
- Electronic monitoring
G-Flex Grid Coupling
The G-Flex Series is an all-metal coupling that provides positive protection against the damaging effects of shock loads and vibration. Aluminum horizontal cover (T10), and all-steel vertical cover (T20) designs are available. G-Flex tapered grid couplings are an excellent choice where torsional flexibility/vibration damping are primary concerns.
- Easy to assemble / replace
- Part-for-part interchangeable with industry standard tapered grid coupling designs
- Coupling sizes 1020 through 1140 in-stock in a range of standard bore sizes
- Shot-peened tapered grid flex element for long life
Floating Shaft Couplings
Floating shaft couplings are specifically designed for long span applications from 24” to over 300”. Tru-Tube composite tubes (shown) can be specified for spans up to 220” (6 meters). Composite tubes weigh up to 80% less than steel and can eliminate the cost of bearing supports and other structures.
- Horizontal or vertical applications
- Custom designed to specification
Helical Loose Gearing Systems
- Helical Gearing Capabilities: Hobbing: Up to 102” dia., 44” face width, 1.5 to 28 NDP, AGMA Q10
- Shaving/Honing: Up to 48” dia., 70” long, AGMA Q11
- Grinding: Up to 71” dia., 20” face width, 1.5 to 10 NDP, AGMA Q12, crowning and profile modifications
LK Series Clutches
Low inertia air set clutch designed for Propel motions
- High Torque, low inertia
- Low spline stresses
- Fast response
- Balanced for high speed operation
- Integral Rotary Air Inlet
Form-Flex metal disc couplings consist of two hubs, a spacer and two high strength carbon or stainless steel flexible discs. Modified and special designs are commonly supplied to meet specific application conditions. Available in carbon steel, stainless steel or with corrosion resistant coatings.
- No maintenance
- Zero backlash
- Close couple, spacer and floating shaft designs available
- Easy interchangeability
GC Series couplings feature unitized, straight-sided flexible discs for ease of installation. Up-to-date design targeted specifically for heavy industrial applications. These couplings provide increased torque capacity per size by taking advantage of the latest materials and design technologies.
- Unitized Flex Packs
- Easier, faster installation
- Interchangeable with industry standard designs
- Fewer sizes to cover a full range of applications
- Reduced spare parts inventory
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Special designs avaiable for higher-torque applications